As the whole world’s population is exposed to artificial medications produced by large pharmaceutical companies, there’s little to no space left on the market for some more natural and subtle options.
Even though most people think that the widely used medications will help them with their issues, that isn’t always the case. The harsh ingredients can negatively affect the body, and while helping with one issue, it can sometimes cause a host of others.
That’s why many people with issues like chronic pain gravitate toward milder, natural ingredients, including kratom leaves or cannabidiol. Which one would benefit you the most? Continue reading to find out.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant. However, CBD always comes from industrial hemp that has been previously certified, as it shouldn’t contain more than 0.3% of THC in the US and 0.02% in the EU. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the other cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant and is the primary substance causing psychoactive effects found in cannabis.
However, as CBD contains very little to no THC, there are no consequences that could cause impairment. CBD is known for many beneficial effects, and the majority of its users consume it to get almost all the positive effects of THC with minimum or no side-effects. These are some of the issues CBD can help with:
- Cancer – there’s still research conducted relating to this field, but some say that CBD can help with cancer treatment, especially during chemo. CBD’s relaxing effects can alleviate pain and reduce other side-effects caused during or after chemo.
- Multiple Sclerosis – Although research is still ongoing, CBD can be useful for reducing pain, spasticity, fatigue, and inflammation, and improving mobility in patients who have multiple sclerosis.
- Epilepsy – in some cases, CBD might reduce the number of seizures and their intensity. Additionally, many patients dealing with various cases of epilepsy recognized that even when seizures happened, CBD helped them have better control over them.
- Anxiety and depression – One can also use CBD to deal with anxiety, stress, PTSD, or depression. It may help with these issues because of its known relaxing benefits.
- Physical pain – CBD gummies for pain can also help ease physical pain. Consumers of CBD might be able to recover from painful injuries or chronic pain quickly.
What is Kratom?
Kratom has many other known names such as Thom, Thang, Krypton, Kakuam, Biak-Biak, or scientifically Mitragyna Speciosa. This plant is native to Southeast Asia.
Although natural Kratom is less popular than CBD, not many people are familiar with its features. Nevertheless, Kratom is available worldwide, and its popularity is starting to grow across Europe and the US.
However, it doesn’t mean that it’s any less effective. On the contrary, Kratom is stronger than CBD, and the user should be more aware of their daily Kratom intake. While even the large amount of CBD can’t have any psychoactive effects, taking too much Kratom may result in unpredictable effects.
Still, Kratom has numerous positive benefits, and here are just some of them:
- Addiction Recovery–Kratom can be used as a healthier alternative when recovering from potent opioids due to its sedative effect to overcome pain and other withdrawal symptoms.
- Anxiety and depression – Similar to CBD, Kratom has relaxing features that may help disperse negative thoughts clouding someone’s mind. Therefore, it can benefit anyone dealing with anxiety, depression, or stress.
- Energy Boosting– Probably one of the most popular uses of Kratom is because of its energetic features. Kratom comes from the same family of plants as coffee, so it also gives you additional energy to complete a certain task if that’s what you need.
- Physical pain – Anyone having trouble with physical pain, including back pain, neck pain, or even menstrual cramps, can ease them by consuming a bit of Kratom.
Which One Will Benefit You Most?
Whether CBD or Kratom is the right choice for you depends on what you’re looking for. Even though both produce similar relaxation effects, they aren’t the same on a molecular level, therefore producing the effects differently.
On the one hand, CBD is an excellent choice for someone looking for a substance without psychoactive effects but may still act as an antidepressant or provide pain relief.
On the other hand, Kratom is the best option for treating addiction because of its similarity to opioids. Also, it can substitute other substances because of its energizing features. Unlike CBD, its effects can be felt with a short delay. However, one of Kratom Is most significant side-effects is the possibility of addiction when taken in higher doses.
To conclude, CBD and Kratom have a very similar effect, but users need to be careful while using Kratom. It’s best to take any of the above herbs under the guidance of a medical practitioner. In the end, it boils down to personal preference.
Brands3 months ago
Grow, Micro, and Bloom by Diablo Nutrients
Backdoor Marketing w/ Jessica2 months ago
Interview with Laycie Zepeda, Canna-Business Brand Consultant for Smokin’ Aces Cannabis
Education2 months ago
Drying and Curing Your Cannabis After Harvest
Education2 months ago
Gelato Strain | Perks of the Strongest Cannabis Strain