Written By: Ross Geller
CBD products have become legal in many parts of the world. There are all kinds of edibles available on the market today, but did you know that CBD works great as an addition to many popular food recipes?
You can try some of them in special cannabis restaurants in states where recreational marijuana use is legal. However, if you don’t have such a restaurant in your area, you can always make your own CBD-infused edibles. Here are some of the most popular recipes you can cook in your kitchen.
Time to Start Cooking
Once you’ve got everything you need, it’s time to start adding CBD to your favourite dishes. Here are some of the most popular recipes you can try.
CBD Oil Pizza
Pizza is everyone’s favourite, so why wouldn’t you add some CBD to make it even better? Pizzas are easy to prepare, and you don’t have to be an expert cook to make a fantastic meal. You probably already have most of the ingredients at home, and if you have a bottle of pure CBD hemp oil by CBD Oil UK , you’re ready to start cooking! Here’s what you need:
- ½ pound (225 g) sweet Italian sausage
- 12- inch (30.5 cm) pizza crust, rolled out and ready to use.
- Garlic-Infused oil, made with olive oil
- 8- ounces (225 g) mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- Three medium beefsteak tomatoes, cored, sliced crosswise
- Two tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes if you like spicy food
- CBD hemp oil in a dropper bottle
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F or 230 degrees C
- Remove the sausage from its casing and place it onto a skillet. Break up the sausage into smaller pieces and cook it on medium heat until it becomes pink.
- Place some oil onto another pan or 14-inch cast-iron skillet and pat the pizza crust onto it. If you’re using a frozen crust, just place it into any pan.
- Place the mozzarella and tomatoes on the crust. Put the sausage all over and sprinkle everything with parmesan. Add the other ingredients over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza until the crust turns brown, and it becomes crispy on the bottom. That’s usually 15 to 20 minutes. Once it’s ready, remove the pizza from the oven, cut it in four servings, and add about 15 drops of CBD oil per serving.
Chocolate CBD Latte
This recipe is perfect if you’re the type of person that can’t start a workday without a coffee. It’s easy to prepare, but it still provides you with the benefits of both caffeine and CBD.
- One teaspoon of coffee
- One tablespoon of cacao powder
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk
- A pinch of salt
- 5-15 drops of CBD oil (depending on your personal preference)
- Get a saucepan and pour everything inside, except the CBD oil.
- Mix everything constantly until it boils. When that’s done, pour the mix into your favourite mug.
- Add 5-15 drops of CBD oil.
- Sprinkle some raw cacao on top.
Matcha Green Tea
When you combine matcha and CBD, you get a healthy teacup that will energize your body and calm your thoughts.
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- One tablespoon coconut oil
- Two tablespoon sugar or two dates
- 20 mg CBD oil
- 2-4 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- Fill the cup with 1/4 hot water and add matcha green tea powder.
- Whisk the mixture until it starts to foam.
- Use a smaller pan to heat the milk and add it to the cup.
- Heat everything up and serve.
CBD-infused Salad Dressing
CBD-infused salad dressing is perfect for people who want to stay fit and healthy. It’s easy to prepare, and it provides a unique flavour.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- ½ cup of orange juice
- Two teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flavoured CBD Oil
- Cut the vegetables you want to add into cubes.
- Add the ingredients into a bowl and mix them up together.
- Serve the salad with the dressing you mixed.
CBD-infused Water Ice Cubes
Nothing helps cope with hot summer days like ice cubes in your favourite drink. If those ice cubes have CBD in them, things get even better.
- One container of coconut water (you can use more if you want)
- CBD drops with coconut flavour
- Pour the coconut water into a tray or a plastic container.
- Add CBD oil to the mix.
- Pour the water into the ice cube tray and freeze it.
- Use the ice cubes in different drinks.
CBD Turmeric Tea
Turmeric Tea is also known as Golden Milk. It’s a powerful antiseptic, and CBD makes it even healthier.
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-inch ginger root
- 1 cup of milk
- One teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- Two teaspoons honey
- A few drops of CBD oil
- Warm the milk in a pan
- Add the milk along with the other ingredients into a blender.
CBD Mango Smoothie
CBD smoothies are becoming very popular these days, mango being the top choice. It’s a perfect drink to start your day, and it takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- 2 cups of mango
- One banana
- ½ cup of milk (Tip: Try hemp milk!)
- ½ cup of yoghurt
- CBD oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a blender until it becomes creamy.
- Add some ice and blend it in.
- Serve right away.
Spicy CBD-infused Guacamole
Guacamole is great because you can serve it with all kinds of dishes. This recipe will give you that spicy taste of guacamole mixed in with some CBD.
- Three ripe avocados
- ½ Finely diced onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Three tablespoons of finely chopped coriander
- One serrano pepper (or jalapeno for less spice) finely diced with no seeds
- Two minced garlic cloves
- One juiced lime
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 0.5 ml of Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the skin as well as the pit.
- Place them in a bowl and mash them until you like the mix.
- Add a few drops of your favourite full-spectrum CBD oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pick up your apron and get experimental. Try these sweet and savoury CBD infused recipes and discover your favourite one.
Canna Cooking for the Holidays With Celebrity Chef Justin Sutherland & Avoiding the Holidaze Krampus
Canna-Curious by Cleopatra Cohen
Bravo TV’s Justin Sutherland comes out Green with Cleopatra and opens up to Nugl, about his relationship to the plant- plus holiday Krampus vibes, and regifting your mistakes as miracles. Bravo TV’s Top Chef, reveals a few Pot Secrets, how being stubborn AF, can be a positive-instrumental trait to not accepting anything less than you deserve, in life.
CLEOPATRA: So Chef, are we cool publicly coming out “Green,”? I want your fans to know the candid truth about the role and/or consequence the plant has had along your journey. How did it affect this early phase of success? I always want to be sensitive to these matters…just in case. I want to be certain we can go live, on record with it?”
CHEF JUSTIN SUTHERLAND: “Let’s go.”
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, for FOOD. Yes, indeed’ this is notably the most delicious time of the year- A time of giving and receiving. A cherished time to give thanks and just indulge in holiday cheer. It get’s really dark early, and there is a lot of yuletide stuff too. In the spirit of giving, miracles, and acceptance, I too, have come to accept, that I am likely going to gain some holiday cheer, hidden underneath my oversized sweater, and strategic fashionable layering techniques.
It wasn’t until I discovered my Gluten Allergy, and had to convert, that I noticed how much of our store-bought products are EVERYWHERE and inevitable. In the season and spirit of giving, heart disease or diabetes are likely gifts. Especially with the absurd amounts of sugar. and gluten we consume from Halloween to New Year’s Eve. For myself, keeping a strict diet is crucial around the holidays, is crucial to avoid the effects of these delicious landmines. A gluten allergy attack, can be compared to having the Christmas Krampus visit your digestive system, about 45 minutes after you eat, and are lulled into a lucid dream state -relaxed…then nope, from the dark, feeling of dread …“Surprise Bitch.”
The Christmas Krampus was known for snatching up and spanking bad-ass little children that refuse to obey their parents. Basically, the enforcement arm of the Naughty List. My nightmare starts: The nizzle before Chrronnikuh, whilst the Krampus is punishing small children in my lower digestive tract, the whole town would quiver (my body) and freak out. Self destruct mode has been activated to avoid the Krampus. Chaos reigns, and all systems overload. Havoc ensues around town, to protect my body from the stranger danger. While the Krampus remains at large.
The main reason why I am so food-obsessed is because of my mother, Starla. Today is the anniversary of her death- 3 years ago. She died after a 40 year, strenuous battle with a preventable, crippling disease, Diabetes Type II. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed in the early ’80s, did not have proper education, medication, and access to holistic options, until it was too late. I fully understand my deep, impactful relationship to the Chef. Chefs have VIP all access to your health, digestion, and memorable feelings. Immediately they create deep connections to your psyche, and physiology, without you even realizing it. I remember one of my Mom’s dieticians recommending a lot of pasta back then, and about that same time, Michael Jackson was black, and Crystal Pepsi was everything.
“Give me some of your tots Napoleon!!”
“Go find your own Randy… I’m freakin’ starved.”
The Handsome Hog owner is joining many other mainstream public figures, in this progressive arena (like Snoop and Martha Stewart.) Justin aims to utilize his platforms, to empower those who have experienced loss and oppression, incarceration.
Catch “The Today Show” on NBC, all week, to watch his “Tater Tot Hot Dish Recipe.” This delightful casserole, starts strong, with Lower tot crust, and is open to endless flavor combinations. Layers pile up, the top crust of Tots, is usually covered in cheese, right before it’s final bake to perfection.
Before his recipe hits billions of worldwide viewers, I asked;
Cleopatra: What style of the Tater Tot Hot Dish, will you be making for The Today Show?”
Chef JS: “POT PIE”
Cleopatra: …you are for real right now, huh?
Chef Justin Sutherland shares, that his journey to the top was not always sweet, like potato pie. My guess is, that those who doubted him, are likely now proud of him. After meeting him, I feel like those people should probably miss him with that bularky. Humble as pie for sure, but he just ain’t about that life. Chef Justin closes 2019, with an Empire, spread across the US-varying array of trendy brands, from fashion, to whiskey, cooking products, and NINE other restaurant concepts.
Rising above the rest requires knowing how to cope with practical economic consequences and haunting arrest records. Like Justin, we need to see a different perspective of the world. One through a lens of hope, and possibility …truly, a new age concept. The Minnesota native also has a dynamic career in the entertainment industry. His destiny is fated to leadership, by trailblazing the way, and uncovering the life’s hardest truths.
Your thoughts- become things, and by simply applying “heat” and “pressure” to those thoughts, you can create tangible physical results. ~ The philosophical Chef
Cleopatra: What would you say to your fans right now about making mistakes, being arrested, and cannabis?
Chef JS: Your past does not have to dictate your future, regardless of a criminal record- if that job requires a clean record, walk away, and start your own business. Make your own rules for success, invest in yourself, and stop caring what ANYONE around you thinks about you. Also, you are not alone, when we traverse these struggles in life. I don’t want to encourage anyone to make mistakes, but I want people to know that I would not be where I am today if I had not made the mistakes I did. It’s what you make of these experiences that determine whether you consider it a mistake or a miracle.
Cleopatra: What was your first attempt at a cannabis-infused into food?
Chef JS: I think we made a box of Mac and Cheese with infused butter. We didn’t know anything, so we used to just dump the contents of the weed bag. in butter. Lol.
God only knows how high we got back then, I can’t remember...
Cleopatra: I would say that it is a good sign, you guys overdid it.
Life creates obstacles because it expects us to react and create sustainable solutions in response. Overcoming obstacles helps us escape our self limiting fears, so we can go for metaphorical “W” in life we deserve.
The Chef’s intuitive decisions to create solutions from shame is the basis for his inspiration and life guidance. He is especially connected to the individuals, in need of a sign, one of hope, compassion, and support. His example teaches us, that choices, and “mistakes“ have the ability to transform into miracles, especially Christmas Miracles. The Krampus may visit you if you eat that muffin, and irritable bowel syndrome could strike, scaring off Santa around the stroke of midnight…so you better act right.
Happy Holiday’s from The NUGL Media Team and Cleopatra Cohen